Jay Leno Discharged from Hospital 9 Days After Suffering Severe Burns from Gasoline Fire


The former "Tonight Show" host, 72, was discharged from Grossman Burn Center in the Los Angeles area on Nov. 21, nine days after he suffered "serious burns" in a garage gasoline fire.

Center staff shared an image of the smiling comedian alongside several of his caretakers.

"Comedian Jay Leno was released from the Grossman Burn Center today," doctors shared in a release obtained by PEOPLE on Nov. 21. "After a 10-day stay at the facility, Jay will receive follow-up care at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest and hands he received during a fire at his home garage. Jay would like to let everyone know how thankful he is for the care he received, and is very appreciative of all of the well wishes. He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday."

To read more, see Yahoo Entertainment.

Website Rt Graphic Ep.51 Nancy Rolland 600x400 1.9.24

Shop & Product Showcase

  • Read testimonials from real collision repair shops about the tools and technologies they use to get the job done.