Federal Right to Repair Legislation Receives Landslide of Support
Published June 6, 2023
Auto Care Association, MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers, CAR Coalition and SEMA are applauding a new group of bipartisan cosponsors of the REPAIR Act (H.R. 906), which will ensure choice, fairness and safety in the vehicle repair market.
Originally introduced by the bipartisan team of U.S. Reps. Neal Dunn, R-FL, Brendan Boyle, D-PA, Warren Davidson, R-OH, and Marie Gluesenkamp Perez, D-WA, eight additional members signed on quickly in support of the REPAIR Act in April.
In May, an additional 16 members of Congress have now signed on to the REPAIR Act, bringing the total to 28 supporters of drivers' right to choose where they get their vehicle maintained and repaired. The new representatives include:
- U.S. Rep. Donald G. Davis, D-NC
- U.S. Rep. John H. Rutherford, R-FL
- U.S. Rep. Jay Obernolte, R-CA
- U.S. Rep. Chellie Pingree, D-ME
- U.S. Rep. Mark E. Amodei, R-NV
- U.S. Rep. Bill Posey, R-FL
- U.S. Rep. Chris Pappas, D-NH
- U.S. Rep. Salud O. Carbajal, D-CA
- Resident Commissioner Jenniffer González-Colón, R-PR
- U.S. Rep. Zachary Nunn, R-IA
- U.S. Rep. Jim Banks, R-IN
- U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman, R-WI
- U.S. Rep. Gabe Vasquez, D-NM
- U.S. Rep. Josh Gottheimer, D-NJ
- U.S. Rep. Christopher H. Smith, R-NJ
- U.S. Rep. Dina Titus, D-NV
Bipartisan support of the bill continues to grow. The REPAIR Act is the only bill that addresses vehicle maintenance and repair restrictions, including heavy duty vehicles the U.S. economy depends on for freight transport. Automotive aftermarket companies can urge legislators in their district to also co-sponsor the bill by visiting repairact.com.
Source: Auto Care Association