ASA Announces 2023 Board of Directors
Published July 31, 2023
The Automotive Service Association (ASA) announced changes to its Board of Directors following its Annual Business Meeting July 17 at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites in Indianapolis, IN.
ASA Chairman Scott Benavidez, AMAM, Mr. B’s Paint & Body Shop Inc., is looking forward to working with the new leadership team.
“As I look at our new leadership, I believe we have a strong team in place to help chart the association’s growth and progress on many new initiatives as we move forward,” Benavidez said.
Members of the 2023 Board include:
- Chairman Scott Benavidez, AMAM, Mr. B’s Paint & Body Shop Inc., Albuquerque, NM
- Chairman Elect Dan Stander, AMAM, Fix Auto Highlands Ranch, Littleton, CO
- Secretary/Treasurer Tom Piippo, AMAM, owner of Tri-County Motors, Rudyard, MI
- General Director Maryann Croce, Croce’s Transmission Specialists, Norwalk, CT
- General Director Darrin Barney, AMAM, Elite Worldwide Inc. & Barney Brothers Off Road and Repair, Fruita, CO
- Collision Division Director Gene Lopez, AMAM, Seidner’s Collision Center, Duarte, CA
- Immediate Past Chairman Roy Schnepper, AAM, Butler’s Collision, Roseville, MI
Julie Massaro, CAE, ASA’s president/executive director, also serves on the ASA Board of Directors in an ex-officio capacity.
During the Annual Meeting, recognition awards that honored individuals that made significant contributions to the ASA mission and/or the automotive repair industry were distributed. Honorees for 2023 included:
- Roger Cada, Savoy, TX, received the Phoenix Award for his contributions and expertise shared on the Collision Operations Committee.
- Patricia Baker, manager of marketing and graphic design received the Chairman’s Award of Excellence for her years of service to ASA.