Twitter You Tube Facebook Autobodynews Linked In

Thursday, 02 April 2020 17:06

NV Governor Formally Issues 'Stay at Home' Directive

Written by Peter Valencia, News 3 LV

Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak announced a formal "stay at home" directive to Nevadans, extending the closure of schools and non-essential businesses until Apr. 30.

Sisolak said April 1 it will extend the state's emergency declaration until the end of April.

 

Originally, the directive had made non-essential businesses close for 30 days and placed a three-week closure on all K-12 schools.

 

Previously, the directives issued a "stay at home" guidance.

 

Sisolak said as recently as March 25 that a statewide order was possible though pleaded for the public to follow the urgent recommendations.

 

“This directive builds on previous directives around school closures, social distancing, closure of non-essential businesses and bans on public gatherings of 10 or more people by requiring you stay at home unless leaving is absolutely necessary," said Sisolak in a statement.

 

The directive also extends closures of non-essential businesses, gaming and schools through Apr. 30.

 

Five additional deaths were reported in Clark County, bringing the total number in southern Nevada to 28.

 

As of the morning of April 1, 1,279 positive cases were reported in the state.

 

The announcement coincides with the latest federal guidelines announced by President Donald Trump earlier in the week.

 

On March 31, Sisolak's office announced a travel advisory urging visitors or returning Nevadans to self-quarantine and monitor their health for 14 days after arriving or returning to Nevada.

 

Additional details were expected to be released during a news conference the evening of April 1.

 

We thank News 3 LV for reprint permission. 

Read 446 times