AAPEX 2019 has lined up specialists from the exhibition industry to tour the show floor and select Best Booth Award winners using design, staffing and exhibition best practices as the criteria.
AAPEX represents the more than $1 trillion global automotive aftermarket industry and will take place Tuesday, Nov. 5, through Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019, at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas.
Judges include: Kimberly Hardcastle, CEM, president, mdg; Dana Freker Doody, vice president, Communications and Strategic Client Solutions, The Expo Group; Nancey Drapeau, PRC, senior research director, Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR); and Carrie Ferenac, president, CNTV.
All AAPEX 2019 exhibiting companies are automatically entered into the competition, without the need to sign up to participate. The Best Booth Award winners will be announced Wednesday, Nov. 6, at 3:30 p.m. on the Let’s Tech stage, Level 2 of the Sands Expo. Award winners will receive plaques, plus recognition in AAPEX post-show coverage.
The AAPEX 2019 Best Booth Award categories are:
- Best Linear (any size) - Level One
- Best Small Peninsula (less than 800 sq. ft.) - Level One
- Best 10x10 - Level Two
- Best Linear 200 sq. ft. or more - Level Two
- Best Small Peninsula (less than 800 sq. ft.) - Level Two
- Best Large Peninsula (800 sq. ft. or more) – Both Levels
- Best Small Island (less than 800 sq. ft.) – Both Levels
- Best Large Island (800 sq. ft. or More) – Both Levels
- Best Pavilion – Both Levels
- Best in Show: 10x10 or Linear – Both Levels
- Best in Show: Peninsula or Island – Both Levels
In 2018, the AAPEX Best of Show awards went to Ullman Devices and Gates Corporation. The following exhibiting companies also were recognized with 2018 Best Booth Awards: Korea Ocean Biocluster, BG Automotive, Zhejiang Master Injection System Co., Ltd., BTS Industries, Norma Group, MYCHANIC and Sampa Otomotiv.
With more than 2,500 exhibiting companies, AAPEX is the showcase for the latest products, services and technologies that keep the world’s 1.3 billion vehicles on the road. More than 48,000 targeted buyers are expected to attend, including automotive service professionals, auto parts retailers, warehouse distributors, service chains, automotive dealers, fleet buyers and engine builders.