The National Automotive Service Task Force (NASTF) Spring 2014 General Meeting was held in co-operation with the Automotive Service Association (ASE) Northwest Automotive Training Expo (ATE) at the Doubletree SeaTac in Seattle, WA, on March 20, 2014.
Scott Biggs is the CEO and founder of Assured Performance Network, headquartered in Irvine, CA. Assured Performance is a co-op and non-profit consumer advocacy organization that provides third-party certification for Ford, Chrysler, GM, Nissan, Enterprise, and others.
California continues to enact stricter rules on the use of chemicals, including some that are used in automotive repair. Attendees at the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) in Las Vegas heard that automotive aftermarket companies have already suffered from existing state regulations and will likely be encountering more restrictive regulations.
The Society of Collision Repair Specialists (SCRS) announced that the Northwest Automotive Trades Association (NATA), an Oregon-based organization serving automotive professionals in the Pacific Northwest has rejoined as an Affiliate Association.
The October 24, 2013 meeting of the chapter was held at the Brookside Country Club, 1133 Rosemont Ave, Pasadena, California, as usual. President Linda Holcomb was back, assisted by board member Chuck Bistagne. The meeting was dedicated to an update by the CAA lobbyist for the past 20 years, attorney Jack Molodanof. Jack started by praising the work of the new California Department of Insurance Commissioner, Dave Jones.
Over 130 people attended an Automotive Service Association of Arizona (ASA AZ) meeting on the evening of August 13th that featured Dale Sailer from Parts Trader and George Avery, national spokesperson from State Farm Insurance. Mike Anderson of Collision Advice facilitated the meeting in which questions were answered following presentations by Mr. Sailer and Mr Avery. Among those in attendance were two state legislators curious about the program and the impact on constituents.
The California Autobody Association (CAA) and the Society of Collision Repair Specialists (SCRS) have spent most of this year working to address a growing concern being reported to their offices regarding increased pressure from a few leading carriers to reduce refinish times on repaired panels. The national association noted a significant increase in complaints about this practice in the beginning of 2013, and the concerns have not been isolated to one carrier, or any geographic market. As part of their efforts SCRS issued a series of letters to 6 carriers whom were reported to be systematically reducing refinish times in a variety of markets across the U.S.
A recent study by a golf magazine said 80% of all golfers admit to cheating, and that the other 20% are lying, but there was no doubting the honest intentions of the CAA East Bay Chapter in supporting their local trade schools.
The ASA AZ Committee for Consumer Fairness met recently with Director Germaine L. Marks of the Arizona Department of Insurance. The goal of the Committee is to ensure that consumers, as outlined in Title 20-461 of the Arizona Revised Statutes, are dealt with in a fair and ethical manner when processing insurance claims.
California's Autobody Association (CAA) is asking shops to report any insurer violations of the new insurance regulations which took effect in March of this year.
CAWA has retained Gary Conover as their California legislative advocate and are “pleased to have engaged him effective July 1, 2013,” according to CAWA President & CEO, Rodney Pierini.
Combining his seemingly limitless knowledge of the collision game and his commitment to making it a better industry, Michael Anderson from CollisionAdvice.com gives a spirited, high-energy presentation that is more revival than keynote speech.