For most Oswego, NY, residents, snowy roads and running deer are as synonymous with the town as Lake Ontario and the Lighthouse.
Add in everyday fender-benders, and you can rest assured, Oswego sees plenty of damaged vehicles. For the last 70 years the city has had an auto repair shop that prioritizes quality of work and customer service.
Ken’s Body Shop first opened its doors on New Year’s Day in 1951. Since then, it has grown from a single building to a 17,000-square foot facility with three buildings and 27 bays, and now repairs more than 2,000 vehicles annually.
Oswego native Ken Jones started the shop and made it his home---literally. He built his house on the same property and lived there with his family until he retired 31 years ago.
His son, Jeff, has run the family business for the last 33 years and has grown it exponentially during his tenure. Ken’s now offers a full suite of automotive services, from detailing to brakes to oil changes, in addition to its renowned body work.
Despite such growth, Ken’s employees recognize their quality of repairs and service has been the key to their success over the last seven decades, and thus prioritize this quality above all else.
To that end, they’ve recently achieved collision repair certifications from many of the most popular vehicle manufacturers...