The event was held June 16 at the Church Brothers’ Shadeland shop, 751 N Shadeland Ave. on Indianapolis’ eastside. Approximately 100 vehicles participated in the show, which also served as the official car show of the 88th annual Marion County Fair. Church Brothers Collision Repair matched all proceeds raised by the show through entry fees, vendor fees and donations, and other contributions to bring the total to $16,000.
The Gary Dudley Memorial Scholarship Foundation honors the memory of Indiana State Police Lt. Gary Dudley, who was killed while participating in a charity bicycle ride to raise funds and awareness for the state chapter of Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS) in August 2006. The foundation awards scholarships to children of Indiana law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty. Fifteen $2,500 college scholarships were presented at this year’s car show.
The recipients, their late parents and the police agencies represented included:
• Jonathan Bradway (Rod Bradway/IMPD)
• Sierra Bradway (Rod Bradway/IMPD)
• Josiah Davis (James Davis/Butler University Police Dept)
• MacKenzie Deguch (Paul Deguch/South Bend Police Dept)
• Taylor Heck (Eryk Heck/Allen County Sheriff’s Dept)
• Ashley Long (Brent Long/Terre Haute Police Dept)
• Brooke Pitts (Rob Pitts/Terre Haute Police Dept)
• Joe Polizzotto (Nick Polizzotto/South Bend Police Dept)
• Lauren Rich (David Rich/Indiana State Police)
• David Rorex (Dorian David Rorex/Gary Police Dept)
• Nicholas Shaw (Jeffrey Shaw/Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Dept)
• Jean Gaston Stehr (Richard Gaston/Indiana State Police)
• Emily Toney (Bill Toney/Beech Grove Police Dept)
• Jessica Toney (Bill Toney/Beech Grove Police Dept)
• Taylor Winzenread (Andrew Winzenread/Indiana State Police)
This year’s presentations bring the total amount awarded by the foundation since its inception to nearly $260,000.