American Honda on Jan. 29 issued its latest Body Repair News Bulletin covering the 2022 Acura MDX.
The new MDX body construction features include:
- Next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
- Body construction using high-strength steel and advanced high-strength steel
- Aluminum hood panel, front fender, front damper housing and front and rear bumper beams for weight reduction and improved fuel efficiency
- 1,500 MPa inner and outer door stiffener rings
Because the fenders are aluminum, American Honda cautions technicians to always use insulation clips when attaching a new fender to prevent galvanic corrosion from occurring.
Also noted is the die cast aluminum front damper housing which comes only as a complete assembly.
American Honda recommends referencing these areas in the MDX Body Repair Manual for additional information:
- Precautions for Replacing Aluminum Die Cast Parts
- Front Side Frame, Front End Parts Replacement
- Front Wheelhouse/Damper Housing Replacement * Front Side Frame Replacement
The outer stiffener D-ring panel is made from...