Insurance.com surveyed 1,000 motorists, finding that distracted driving and other bad behavior are serious problems.
Insurance.com shares survey results in this report: Distracted, Discourteous and Dangerous Driving.
What most often distracts drivers
- 24% Texting
- 20% Navigation systems
- 16% Children in the car
Men say texting is their biggest driver distraction, while women report their largest distraction is navigation systems.
Frequency of texting while driving
- 50% Only a few times ever
- 14% about three or four times a year
- 13% about three or four times a month
Why and how often drivers take photos or selfies
- 46% take photos of majestic views
- 38% photograph the weather
- 35% take selfies because they look especially great on a given day