“Connecting students with collision industry employers is a key part of the Education Foundation’s mission,” said Brandon Eckenrode, director of development for the Education Foundation.
Painters Supply & Equipment (PSE) is sponsoring the Detroit career fair being held on Oct. 8.
“We at Painters Supply & Equipment Co. are excited about the opportunity to be the title sponsor, along with PPG Industries, for the Detroit High School and College transportation student career fair hosted by the Collision Repair Education Foundation. With our industry facing a shortage in technicians, it is imperative that we as an industry embrace, enable and encourage talented individuals to enter the collision repair industry,” said Chris Kugler, vice president of sales for PSE.
This year, Mercedes-Benz is sponsoring three career fairs including events at its Mercedes-Benz Learning & Performance Centers in both Texas and New Jersey. The third Mercedes-Benz sponsored career fair will take place at Cerritos Community College in Norwalk, CA.
The fall 2019 schedule includes:
- St. Louis (9/27) - Gateway Motorsports Park (Madison, IL)
- Detroit (10/8) – Lead Sponsor: Painters Supply & Equipment - Oakland Community College (Auburn Hills, MI)
- Dallas (10/17) – Lead Sponsor: Mercedes Benz - Mercedes-Benz Learning & Performance Center (Grapevine, Texas)
- Northern California (10/22) - Contra Costa College (San Pablo, CA)
- Southern California (10/24) – Lead Sponsor: Mercedes Benz & Hendrick Auto Group - Cerritos Community College (Norwalk, CA)
- All South Carolina (10/24) - Lexington Technology Center (Lexington, SC)
- Houston (11/20) - Kingwood Park High School (Houston)
- Robbinsville, NJ (11/21) – Lead Sponsor: Mercedes Benz - Mercedes-Benz Learning & Performance Center (Robbinsville, NJ)
- Miami/Broward/Palm Beach County, FL (12/10) - SouthTech Academy (Boynton Beach, FL)
Employers who are interested in participating at the events should contact Tiffany Bulak, development and marketing coordinator for the Education Foundation via email at Tiffany.Bulak@ed-foundation.org.
Industry members interested in joining the CREF’s roster of supporters to assist high school and post-secondary collision school programs and students should contact Eckenrode at (312) 231-0258 or Brandon.Eckenrode@ed-foundation.org.