fbpx
Tuesday, 13 March 2018 21:46

I-CAR CEO, President Says Industry Is Embracing Training, More Stepping Up Needed

Written by
I-CAR’s leadership team from left: Nick Notte, senior vice president – sales and marketing; Ann Gonzalez, vice president – strategic development; John Van Alstyne, CEO and president; and Elise Quadrozzi, vice president – education and technical services. I-CAR’s leadership team from left: Nick Notte, senior vice president – sales and marketing; Ann Gonzalez, vice president – strategic development; John Van Alstyne, CEO and president; and Elise Quadrozzi, vice president – education and technical services.

Index

More than half of all the collision repair professionals in the industry are likely not participating in training, according to John Van Alstyne, CEO and president of I-CAR.

At the end of 2017, there were an estimated 33,500 total body shops in the United States.

 

“About 14,000 of those shops are doing some level of training, which we equate to 42 percent of the industry,” said Van Alystne. “The remaining 58 percent are likely not training at all.”

 

He said the good news is that the numbers are getting better. There were 2,000 more shops training with I-CAR in 2017, which was up 25 percent from the previous year. There was also a 27 percent increase in Gold Class shops, bringing that number to 5,570 nationwide. The Gold Class recognition is the highest role-relevant training achievement recognized by the industry.


Previous Page Continue reading »

Read 3193 times