Since its inception, AutoInc.’s Top 10 contest has served as a guide to help member-shop owners create a site that proactively promotes their business through cost-effective digital marketing.
The Top 10 winners for 2017 include (in alphabetical order):
• Autocraftsmen, Montpelier, VT, autocraftsmen.com.
• Cool Springs Automotive LLC (CS Automotive), Brentwood, TN, mycsauto.com
• Dillon’s Automotive, Katy, TX, dillonsautomotive.com.
• Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission, Lafayette, IN, guaranteedtrans.com.
• Harlan Automotive, Murray, KY, harlanautomotive.com.
• Sparks Computerized Car Care, Muncie, IN, sparksauto.net.
• Spiteri’s Auto Service, Belmont, CA, carsupport.com.
• Tech One Automotive, Austin, TX, techoneauto.com.
• Village Tire & Auto Repair, Lansdale, PA, villageautorepair.com.
• Yingling’s Auto Service, Topeka, KS, yinglings.com.
“Congratulations to this year’s winners, all of which clearly exhibit the cutting-edge techniques that are critical to growing a successful business,” said Dan Risley, ASA president and executive director. “We’re proud to be able to showcase their achievements in our annual Top 10 Websites Contest and encourage all of our members to seek them out as examples of how to communicate effective marketing messages to consumers in their communities.”
This year, AutoInc. judges reviewed more than 130 website submissions and narrowed the field to what they considered the best. The goal is to help other shops employ the internet as a powerful tool and show them how other shop owners use the web to improve productivity, enhance marketing programs and, ultimately, increase their businesses’ bottom lines.
“In today’s connected society, the importance of effective customer communication is vital to business success,” said Tony Molla, ASA’s vice president. “This year’s crop of top websites shows how the best shops in the industry are using social media to serve their customers and promote their businesses. Congratulations to our 2017 honorees.”
Judges used set guidelines and a scoring sheet to evaluate specific features of each site uniformly. Qualifying websites were evaluated on the following criteria: 1) Mobile-friendly and mobile-ready 2) Call to action 3) First impression/visual design 4) Objective/purpose 5) Consumer friendliness 6) Technical agility 7) Credibility 8) Social media presence.