The state-of-the-art welder will be debuted at the 2018 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) event.
Car-O-Liner, which has a reputation for staying on top of trends in vehicle construction and repair, has invested in this new technology to increase efficiency. The company said the CTR 9 is an upgrade from the CTR 7, which will still be offered, and features several advantages, including:
• Telescopic Support Arm – designed to ensure maximum freedom of movement. The durable, lightweight extruded aluminum arm can be easily adjusted both vertically and horizontally for an optimum working position.
• Lightweight Transformer Gun – made of reinforced fiberglass and designed for fast-paced activity, while reducing strain on the body at the same time. It’s robust, yet among the lightest on the market, allowing welders to work efficiently without getting tired.
• Ergo Grip – the fully-closed handle fastened at both ends enhances maneuverability and allows operators to hold the gun in a relaxed way in every working position.
• Better Accessibility – a 6m cable allows operators to reach more parts/sections of the vehicle without moving the machine.
• Stable Power Unit with Easy-to-Use Control Unit – the compact power unit with its solid high-strength steel bottom plate features a low center of gravity for superior stability and increased mobility. The control unit is easy and intuitive to use, ensuring speed and accuracy with every weld.
In addition, the company notes that the CTR 9’s 16,000-amp transformer and CANBUS communication helps guarantee a perfect weld every time.