CARSTAR franchise partners, vendors and insurance leaders from both the U.S. and Canada came together at the annual North American conference in August and raised an astonishing $230,000 for cystic fibrosis research, care and advocacy.
Throughout the Momentum 2018 CARSTAR conference, attendees had various opportunities to donate to its charitable cause. Proceeds raised from selling CARSTAR-branded socks, participating in the “Walk the Line” charity walk and bidding on the silent auction all went toward fighting cystic fibrosis (CF). However, nobody was expecting the uncontrollable generosity for the final night at the CARSTAR Dinner and Awards Gala. Franchise partners mobilized, almost instantly, with a colossal showing of generosity, raising $200,000 in that room alone.
“I have never been more proud to be a part of the CARSTAR family and to be working for this outstanding network of franchise partners,” said Michael Macaluso, president, CARSTAR. “All we said was, ‘You can ring a bell if you donate $500.’ Almost instantly, the whole room began working together to collect funds, lined up to donate on the spot or feverishly bid on the silent auction items. I was moved by the heartfelt generosity---it was an emotional evening for everyone in that room and is something that I will never forget.”
Peter Chavez from the LC Group was first in line to donate a $1,000 contribution that they eventually tripled later in the evening. CARSTAR Red Deer was next in line with a $1,000 donation, which was on top of the donated $2,000 prize money from the Shine Month Award. After that, donations came from every corner of the continent, including whole regions banning together for a partnered contribution.
Some notable donations came from:
• CARSTAR St. Louis Business Group
• CARSTAR British Columbia locations
• CARSTAR Quebec locations
• CARSTAR Edmonton Locations
• CARSTAR Missouri-Kansas Business Group
• CARSTAR Atlantic Canada locations
• Tom Martin from CARSTAR Sidney Body, CARSTAR Troy and CARSTAR Piqua
• Bob Waldron from Lancaster A-1 A B CARSTAR, Waldron's CARSTAR Auto Body and Thomas Waldron CARSTAR Auto Body
• Justin Fisher from CARSTAR Yorkville and CARSTAR Poplar
• Corey and Charlotte Liss from CARSTAR Liss Auto Body and CARSTAR Liss Auto Body Schererville
• CARSTAR Colorado business group
• CARSTAR corporate staff