He was inducted into the NASCAR hall of fame in 2010, and is nicknamed "The King." His father, Lee Petty, was also a NASCAR driver, as well as his son, Kyle Petty. Petty is part owner of the racing team Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM), currently competing in the Monster Energy NASCAR cup series.
Petty will be appearing at the SEMA show for several days during various times in multiple locations. The SEMA Show is scheduled for Oct. 31—Nov. 3, 2017 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109. The SEMA Show is known as the best automotive specialty products trade event in the world and features product demonstrations, educational seminars, special events and more.
Petty's SEMA appearances include:
• Tuesday, October 31, 2017 from 11:45AM - 1:00PM at the Kelderman Booth, #31079.
• Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:30PM - 2:30PM BASF Corp. Booth #20353
• Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017 10:30AM - 11:30AM MagnaFlow Booth #23253
• Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017 2:30PM - 3:30PM Petty's Garage Booth #23689
• Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017 3:30PM - 4:30PM SATA Spray Equipment Booth #10609
• Thursday, November 2, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. 3M's Automotive Aftermarket Outdoor Showcase on 3M D.E.M.O Trailer -- Booth #61021 – Outside Front Lot.