This month, we’re looking at the Assured Performance Certification Network, representing Ford, Nissan, FCA, Infiniti, Hyundai and Kia (Ford was handled in a previous profile.)
For this interview we caught up with Scott Biggs, industry icon and CEO of Assured Performance.
Does your program have a specific name? When was it started?
The Assured Performance Certification Network was formed starting in 2003, and has since grown to include joint-effort collaboration with several OEMs. Now, Assured Performance Certified Repair Providers have the option of multiple OEM Certifications and Recognitions through one centralized and managed program, saving redundancy and extraneous costs. The joint effort program includes the following OEMs:
1. “FCA Certification Collision Care” Program launched in 2012.
2. “Ford National Body Shop Network” Program launched in 2014.
3. “Nissan-Recognized Collision Care” Program launched 2012. In 2014, Assured Performance took over administration of the program.
4. “Infiniti-Recognized Collision Care” Program launched in 2012. In 2014, Assured Performance took over administration of the program.
5. “GT-R Certified Collision Repair Network” Program. Assured Performance took over administration of the program in 2017.
6. “Hyundai-Recognized Collision Care” Program launched in 2015
7. “Kia-Recognized Collision Care” Program (most recent partnership) launched in October 2017.
What is the main purpose of the program?
To identify and officially certify and/or officially recognize collision repair providers that possess the proper tools, equipment, training and facilities required to properly repair automobiles to manufacturers’ specifications---ensuring the fit, finish, durability, value and safety of the vehicle and to assist consumers and insurers with locating and connecting with those Certified Repair Providers.