Chrysler will join GM and Nissan in a certified collision shop program managed by Assured Performance Network which is designed to benefit OEM parts purchases and ensure customer satisfaction via Certificates of Authenticity.
Chrysler Group's Mopar Brand has announced that enrollment is now open for the newly launched Chrysler Recognized Certified Collision Repair Facility program. This program involves the services of Assured Performance Network and allows dealers and independent collision repair facilities to meet the qualifications necessary to be recognized by Chrysler as a collision repair facility of choice for its Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat and Ram vehicle owners.
Under the program, shops will become a "Chrysler Recognized Certified Collision Repair Facility," and receive official signage from Mopar with Chrysler Group logos. The certification opens the shop for approval for other programs, not yet specified.
Member shops will receive 5% rebates on 100% OEM Chrysler collision repair parts. When repairs are completed with OEM collision repair parts, a Write Certificate of Authenticity, to help the resale value of the customer's vehicle, will be created for the customer's records. Updates will be made to the CARFAX vehicle report showing 100-percent OEM parts were used in the repair, and that a Chrysler Recognized Certified Collision Repair Facility made the repairs.
Shops will also receive a business development report to help evaluate the business and identify key improvemments.
"We announced earlier this year that Mopar would be changing the entire ownership experience of our vehicles, and this program is another important step forward," said Tony Brenders, Vice President of Technical Service Operations, Mopar. "Working with Assured Performance Network, we will not only expand our repair capabilities across the U.S., we will also ensure that the work performed will be to the highest level of quality."
The new certification process requires key business standards including:
- Road to Gold: Attaining and maintaining I-CAR Gold Class Professional shop status
- Minimum welding standards: Owning and utilizing squeeze type resistance spot-welding equipment which duplicates the original assembly process
- Minimum measurement standards: Utilizing structural straightening equipment with three-dimensional measurements
The program launches on March 26, 2012. Shops interested in beginning the certification process can visit www.ChryslerCertifiedShop.com for more details and program registration.
Other OEM Rewards
Assured Performance Network also offers member benefits which earn 5% rebates from GM and Nissan. GM and Nissan are providing an incentive and reward for shops to use more genuine GM and Nissan parts and less aftermarket.
- Members can receive a rebate of 5% off list price on GM and Nissan parts when you repair using 100% GM and Nissan parts on ALL repairs using GM and Nissan collision parts.
- Members can print and present a "Certificate of Authenticity" to their customers illustrating that you have used 100% Genuine GM and Nissan parts to repair their vehicle.
- The posting and auditing process is automated with 100% Write ESP (enhanced settlement process).
For more information see www.assuredperformance.net