There was a secondary explosion caused by the fire, Cole said.
Cole said they don't know what caused the explosion. No one was at the garage, and no firefighters were injured.
Firefighters said the garage had been converted into a man cave.
They found a smoldering area near the couch, and the owner confirmed there was a space heater there.
Investigators said the fire put itself out from a lack of oxygen. However, they said there was so much heat that it melted several plastic fixtures and the garage door opener.
The explosion also sparked a grass fire, Cole said.
It's the second explosion in the Cherokee County town in a short time. A house located near the Green Leaf Nursery exploded the Friday, Feb. 2.